Bid for “Event Organizer”
Contractor: OTC: Oromia Tourism Commission (Visit Oromia)
Duration of the post: 15 working days
Eligibility: Must be a lawfully licensed company
Date posted: September 9, 2022
Deadline date: September 26, 2022
Oromia Tourism Commission is looking for an event organizer for the upcoming “Irreecha Week” and “Tourism Award and Miss Tourism” taking place from September 28 to September 29, 2022 at the Skylight Hotel.
We are seeking a creative, highly organized event “Event Organizer” to help us execute unforgettable events that generate brand awareness with our brand VISIT OROMIA, be responsible for conceptualizing ideas for the events, communicating with clients, and ultimately ensuring that each event is flawlessly executed.
Duties and responsibilities
- Professional Graphics design, Banner, Brochure, Registration Booth, entrance get cut out, photo booth cut out flyer, rollup, carpet and other printed materials design and production.
- Design a layout of the event; create event guides, pamphlets, and any other marketing activities to promote the event traditionally or digitally with the assistance of PR professionals or marketing executives.
- Communicate with OTC to understand their wants, needs, and special requests for the event
- Supply rental LED specified by the client and supporting materials. This includes the facilitator will provide a screen operator and vector videos and provide possible setup options or screen layout for the screen
- Hire key professionals and volunteers and manage staff, as well as special guest appearances and any other suitable entertainer for the event.
- Perform other related duties as may be assigned or requested by clients
- Professional LED Screen operator. The operator must be able to work throughout the day.
- Provide Illusion or Vector videos to be displayed on the LED at air time or open time.
- A very high-quality sound system that can integrate with the sound system of the venue
- A well-trained sound system operator or sound engineer
- A beautifully, well-decorated, and extraordinary stage design. Including stage truss with metal.
- Providing at least two Instrumental performers, Instrumental music, and Music Band as per the client’s interest or recommendation.
- Design and carry out decor. This consists of designing a décor throughout the venue all the way from the entrance to exit.
- Undertake and perform the video production of the event and documentation
- Broadcast the event live feed on the provided LED screen when needed.
- Live Graphics design or Online graphics at the time of the event when needed.
- The company has to cover the cost for all the labor cost for moving and packing kinds of stuff
- Managing all maintenance and repairs of the materials, equipment, and facilities.
- Work with and give guidance to volunteers, hired companies, and OTC staff involved in the event planning and execution.
- Monitor transportation services, Protection, and security for vehicles
- Design a flawless event environment
Creative ideas and works are encouraged
Requirements and skills
- Proficiency in Afaan Oromoo language so as to communicate with the OTC staffs and produce content.
- Proven experience as a successful Events Planner or Organizer
- Impressive portfolio of previously managed events (weddings, meetings, parties, corporate events) especially corporate exhibitions
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- Sales skills and ability to build productive business relationships
- Ability to manage multiple projects independently
How to apply
- Deadline: 15 working days from the date of post
- Submission: In person at OTC’s Office, Bole, Noah Plaza 7th floor
- Call us on: +251116686384